Monday, June 22, 2015

Science Experiment with Baking Soda and Vinegar

I wanted to do science experiments with my daughter for a long time. She is not old enough for many of the ones that I found online but there are some that she participate in. Last time we did an experiment with baking soda and vinegar she was fascinated by the reaction. This time we tried a new thing. The recipe is taken from here. As opposed to last time the mix wasn't hissing but there was a lot more foam this time and it spilled over the edges of the plates.


The recipe is the following. I put baking soda into each of the paper plates and squeezed a little bit of food coloring into each. You can add water to get a more even color. Add a little bit of dish soap to your vinegar. It is important to add dish soap to vinegar and not to the baking soda to get the most foam. My daughter poured vinegar over baking soda herself. It was great that I put plastic tablecover underneath the plates because foam was spilling over the edges of the plates. She loved watching how the colors mixed together on the tablecover.

No comments:

Post a Comment