Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Painting with Ice Cubes

Last time we tried painting with ice cubes my daughter was less than two years old and she did not like the process that much. I froze ice cubes with food coloring and the painting ended up being too light and washed out. Our paper could not hold so much water. 


This time I wanted to try thicker paint. I used Crayola Washable Kids Paint with glitter. I put a spoon of paint in a muffin tray and added a bit of water. I put the tray in a freezer for an hour and added matches after ice was partially frozen. When ice was ready I washed it with a little bit water to make it melt right away.
 

We painted on watercolor paper which is great for any watery paint. Our paint was a lot brighter this time and my daughter really enjoyed the process.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment