Friday, May 22, 2015

Insects in Soil Gelatin Sensory Bin

After I introduced all insects in a toy set to my daughter, I decided to focus on insects in/on the soil. You can see ants, worms and a centipede here. I picked jello as an ingredient because I wanted the “soil” to be transparent so that she could see everyone crawling inside. Ant nest is made of rice, beans and flower stem. I colored rice by using a few drops of red and green food coloring. To make jello I mixed gelatin with water and warmed it up until it completely dissolved. I poured it in a large glass container, added an ant and a few worms to it and put it in the fridge for the night.


We played with ants, built an ant nest and hid their eggs in there. While you play, you can sing a song "The Ants Go Marching..."





No comments:

Post a Comment